If you’re anything like me you get lots of great opportunities to head along to hear from great speakers at formal breakfast events (more often than not also then hearing a sales pitch) but you don’t always have an opportunity to connect with other People People who work in your space and have probably encountered many of the same challenges that you do.
The #PeoplePeopleCU (People People Catch Up for all you non-Twitter folk) is all about genuine conversation in an informal environment. Each meet up will be loosely based around a topic (like delivering on cultural change initiatives or dealing with really challenging people…) – there might be resources shared ahead of time but we’re keen on letting the conversation flow in an unobstructed manner without formal speakers.
– informal and don’t have people delivering 60 minute monologues
– people who want to connect with like-minded professionals
– passionate about what we do (whatever it is!)
– social media savvy – but we’ll help you get started if this is new to you!
– driven by attendees: if you’ve got something you’d like to see as a topic for a future event just get in touch! (Although we also like to allow conversation to go where the wind takes us so no promises there)
We are not:
– an opportunity for anyone (including us) to sell anything – we’re all about actual connections
– anything that feels like ‘work’
If you want to know more information ahead of time join the conversation using #PeoplePeopleCU or contact the organiser at @ReneeRoberz
Numbers are limited for each event so you need to RSVP via EventBrite for your spot.
Our next event is at 6pm Thursday 5th November in Melbourne’s CBD. To book your spot or find out more head to Eventbrite – we’d love to talk people with you!